Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Peelable Polarized Lenses



I can’t take credit for the subject matter of this post, a good friend of mine in the Graduate Telecommunications program passed along this article from gizmodo.com about “peelable polarized lenses turn any specs into 3D glasses” to me, which tries to address people like myself who already wear prescription glasses.1 This new product is a set of polarized decals designed by Yanko Design that applies on the lenses of prescription glasses so that one may “enjoy 3D film without getting bothered with big heavy extra 3D glasses.”2 I applaud the innovation and I am grateful that a designer is trying to deal with the issues that 3D glasses present for the populous who wears prescription glasses.

However, I am admittedly skeptical as to how well that these stick on polarized lenses will work and without being able to sample this product, I am more than likely going to remain skeptical. My concerns would be issues like would these stickers leave a residue, are they reusable, will there be any warping in the 3D effect as the lenses are an application or do they apply in such a way that there is no noticeable difference between polarized glasses and these applications? In short although I’m in favor of someone developing a way around the need for the vision impaired to have to wear two sets of glasses to view 3D, the verdict for me is still out as to whether this product is the solution.

This has made me think that it may be possible for someone to develop 3D passive contact lens for vision impaired individuals and at the very least, it has made me think of new possibilities.

Well, those are my stereographic thoughts for the week, until next week.

Russell McGee

1 A. Liszewski, Peelable Polarized Lenses Turn Any Specs Into 3D Glasses, WWW Document, http://gizmodo.com/5902341/peelable-polarized-lenses-turn-any-specs-into-3d-glasses

2 R. Seth, Sticker 3D Vision, WWW Document, http://www.yankodesign.com/2012/04/16/sticker-3d-vision/

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want to buy wooden eye frames for men & women then you might search for eyeglass stores near me, right? Well, Loch Effects is best sunglasses for men. Apart from this, you can buy eco-friendly polarized sunglasses at affordable prices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this informative information about polarized sunglasses with us. It's very helpful. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete