Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sophie's Top 5 Takeaways from "Gone Nuts 3D"

Kate Braun and Frank Buczolich in Gone Nuts 3D (2010)

As university students, this is a prime time in our lives to try something, learn from it, try again, and repeat.  Each project we work on deepens our understanding of what we read in our textbook and weekly readings and what our instructors taught us during class.  As live-action stereoscopic 3D students, each project is an opportunity to learn more about the do's and don'ts of stereoscopic film-making and to adventure with other stereoscopic filmmakers doing the same.

Last semester, after each 3D group finished their project’s film shoots, we held a post-mortem the following class session.  During this post-mortem, the group members shared about what went well during production and shared tips for the rest of the class members to learn from.  This way, we could learn from each other’s successes and mistakes and make new mistakes instead of repeating the same ones. 

So, this week, I will be sharing my Top 5 Takeaways from “Gone Nuts 3D” where I served as the stereoscopic editor.  These takeaways cover what I learned from working as stereoscopic editor for this project and how it has guided my future stereoscopic 3D projects.

Sneak peek - Tomorrow's Takeaway #5 has to do with The Day Marking My Compulsion to Obsessively Check the Split Beam and Left Camera.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea Sophie! I'm looking forward to reading these since I was there for the actual post-mortems. I'll see how my memory stacks up against your meticulous notes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, guys! Now I can keep up with my Bloomington pals and learn about 3D at the same time! #winning

    ReplyDelete